? ??????????????Grungy Doodles? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 534 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Miss Daisy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (11 Ratings)??6 Grabs Today. 14922 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SLOW Week!

WOW-I think this has been the slowest week in my life! I do not understand why the weekdays drag by, and then you blink and the weekend is over! It just does not make sense! I guess I am just too picky! Not much is going on this week. All I seem to do is go to work and then do homework! Speaking of work, I don't feel like I am being challenged! I hate it! I want to come to work have tons of stuff to do and be busy all day. For the past several months, I have been doing a whole lot of little things and don't really care for them. It seems like I sit and watch the clock more than anything! It drives me crazy-I sit here and think of all the stuff I COULD be doing at home! Hopefully it will get better! Then I sit back and think to myself-What if I would have carried out my dream to be a teacher? From the time I was a little girl, I wanted to be a teacher! I would teach imaginary students all the time! My plan was to graduate high school, go to USI and get my teaching degree-I always wanted to teach 2nd grade. I do have an associates in business and in less than a year get my bachelors in business management, however I have in my head it is too late for me to make the switch. I have worked at Crane since I was 19, and I make really good money, but I still want to teach! James said it would not be too late to go back and take what classes I need to take to be a teacher, but I just can't see myself doing it. I do not know why I have in my head at 25 I am too OLD to do something different. I am also concerned I would not get a job close to home or even find a teaching job for that matter. I would however enjoy my summers off, and being on the same work schedule as Trevor and Kelsye! Okay-enough of me rambling on-I need to get back to WORK-lol.

5 comments:

~*Natalie*~ said...

Why not go ahead and take the classes and get your degree. You could just do it slowly and not be stressed over it. Then you could apply for teaching jobs in the area and keep looking until you can get what you want. Then if it took awhile, it wouldn't matter because you'd still be working elsewhere..

At least that's what I keep getting told when I say I want to go back to school for Early Childhood Education. I keep asking myself what the point of going back to school is, but I don't even use the accounting degree I have now..

Whitney said...

Kristin,
I'm in the exact same boat that you are!!!! I don't know what I want to do anymore, but I know that what I'm doing now isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life! I always wanted to be a teacher and I even majored in it for a while, but it was alot more work than what I wanted and so I switched. I still think about what I would have done if I would have gotten my teaching degree instead!!! But if that is what you feel God is calling you to do, I would go for it! I'm still not sure what he is calling me to do, but I know it isn't sitting around bored in the afternoon and looking at the clock just like you! You aren't old and I know that you could do it among everything else going on! Sorry I wrote so much, but when you are having the same feelings, it felt good to talk to someone who understands! Good luck with it and I'll be thinking of ya!

Chelsa said...

WOW! we do have a lot in common :)
hope the rest of your week goes fast and your weekend slow! lol, i'm hoping that for myself as well!

Melissa said...

Hey, with your current degrees it would not take that long to get your teaching degree. VU offers 4 year degrees now in teaching. I don't think you would have trouble getting a job, look at the schools within 30 miles of here. My sis-in-law Annie is going to VU for math education which is alot harder to find a job and she's not worried. You are never to old to go back to school if this is something that you would regret later.

Laura Raber said...

Kristin...I know it's hard...but you can do it if you really want to! OCU has a transition to teaching program for people that have a bachelor's...it's a 14 month program I think...you might want to check into that...hope things get better!!