? ??????????????Grungy Doodles? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 534 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Miss Daisy? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (11 Ratings)??6 Grabs Today. 14922 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trevor & Baseball


This post is dedicated to my little boy Trevor! He never ceases to amaze me! When he was 3 (almost 4 years old)he started playing tee ball at the local park. He played tee ball the next year as well. Last year he started playing pee-wee ball. To be honest, it was a long year. I don't know if he just wasnt interested, or what but he didnt hit the ball that much, and was found playing in the dirt more than watching the ball. I was kind of nervous this year when we signed him up, but did realize he had matured alot in that year. I could tell after the first couple of practices that he was really interested, and was so happy to be playing. Opening day was May 2nd, and our last game ended on Saturday. Playoffs are going on this week. In Pee-wee kids get 5 pitches from a machine. They play 4 innings and play each team in the league 2 times. The first part of the year, Trevor played catcher, and then towards the end he played short stop. He was good at stopping the ball, and even caught a pop fly in the air, and knew to get the out on second after he caught it! In the middle of the season, he got into a slump and struck out about 5 times, and then he would cry! It broke my heart, but James and I practiced with him one Sunday, got his swing back in line, and he never looked back since! Official score books are kept for each team, and each team keeps track of their team record for the year. The better the record is, the better "seed" you get in the play offs. Trevor's team did wonderful this year. They won their first 6 games, then lost 1, won a couple, lost a few, but the record at the end of the regular season, ended up being 10 wins and 4 losses. They tied with another team for 1st place in the Pee-Wee league. They all had to work hard, and play as a team to do this. Being 6 and 7 years old, I can't imagine knowing as much as they all do. Their first play off game was played on Monday, and we won that game. Last night we played but came up short by losing 6-5 :( I figured Trevor would be upset, but he wasnt at all. I would have loved to see his team win the playoffs and being playing on Thursday night this week, but in another way, I am just relieved that it is over! I know, that sounds awful, but you get to the point where you as a parent get so involved and want them to win so bad, and I feel like as young as they are they need to realize they are not ALWAYS going to win. They each got a trophy and will have a little team party to celebrate. This is his last year of pee-wee, so next year he will move up to minor league (10 years and younger). It will be challenge, but I am 100 percent sure, Trevor will like the challenge! Leaving you with a bunch of pics from throughout the year.....Enjoy!


0 comments: